MISTRAL is phase 2 of the Infrastructure Transitions Research Consortium (ITRC), expanding the scale and reach of our NISMOD system.
Our vision is for complex infrastructure decisions to be guided by our systems analysis ability. Using our pioneering tools, decision-makers are able to visualise and assess how all of their infrastructure systems are performing, help to pinpoint vulnerabilities and quantify the risks of failure.
We perform ‘what-if’ analysis of proposed investments and explore the effects of future uncertainties, such as population growth, new technologies and climate change. Our tools are being used to inform national infrastructure decision-making in the UK – we're expanding this capability to other national settings globally. Discover more…
Outcomes from the ITRC
What are the ITRC tools and models and what do they do?
In what way are they pioneering and how are they useful for infrastructure planning ? Find out more about the first phase of the ITRC research – it is awesome…
A series of short films dedicated to ITRC researchers talking about their individual work and the challenges & joys of being part of a pioneering research consortium.
- Our response to the National Infrastructure Assessment consultation (pdf, 200 KB)
- We're looking for a communications officer – find out more…
- Take a look at Keith Clarke's inspirational video on the impact of ITRC in society
- How do we help the United Nations rebuild fragile states for the long term?
- New book from ITRC just published: The future of national infrastructure: A system-of-systems approach
- New report focuses on the hazards faced by essential digital infrastructure, from cyber attack to power supply disruption