NISMOD: National Infrastructure Systems MODel
NISMOD is the world’s first national infrastructure system-of-systems modelling platform
The NISMOD suite of models works in three main domains:
- long-term strategic infrastructure planning
- infrastructure for sustainable development
- risk and resilience assessment
The platform comprises:
- simulation models of infrastructure systems
- integration frameworks and libraries to enable analysis
- databases and systems to manage datasets, model configuration, inputs and outputs
NISMOD for long-term infrastructure planning in the UK
How can the UK assess its infrastructure needs and plan to meet crucial sustainability and emissions targets? How will long-term pressures and uncertainties affect infrastructure systems?
Infrastructure for sustainable development
How can Low and Middle Income Countries systematically identify infrastructure needs and construct an evidence-based plan to meet them?
Risk and resilience of infrastructure systems
How can we identify the risks to infrastructure systems and quantify their resilience to shocks?
Leads on NISMOD-LP for long-term planning
Raghav talks about NISMOD-RV
Craig discusses the development of NISMOD-DB
Good infrastructure is essential to the country’s future growth and prosperity. NISMOD is a key resource, which helps the Commission deliver rigorous evidence-based advice to government, and understand cross-sectoral challenges such as resilience.