Article in Spanish
The article provides a summary of the main new thinking and conclusions reached at the conference about the future of national infrastructure systems and economic prosperity, held in Cambridge, UK on 27–28 March 2014. The following topics were discussed in detail:
- infrastructure as dynamic economic systems
- infrastructure finance and implementation
- spatial perspectives on infrastructure development
- infrastructure and economic growth
- modelling the risks associated with infrastructure failure.
A better understanding of the interdependencies among the different sectors of the infrastructure system was identified as a cornerstone to tackle these questions.