From September to November 2020, the Infrastructure Transitions Research Consortium (ITRC) held a series of webinars to show how its infrastructure systems modelling is helping to create infrastructure that is more efficient, affordable and sustainable.
ITRC’s National Infrastructure Systems Model (NISMOD) simulates the energy, transport, digital communications, water and waste networks of the future and is in use regionally in the UK, at UK national level, and globally.
The webinar series marks a milestone in NISMOD’s journey: from September 2020 NISMOD will be hosted at the Data & Analytics Facility for National Infrastructure (DAFNI), a new £8million database and modelling system at the Science and Technology Facility Council’s Rutherford Appleton Laboratory in Harwell, Oxfordshire.
- Model before you build, build, build: systems analysis of the future of national infrastructure (29 September).
- Development alternatives for the Oxford-Cambridge Arc (6 October, 3pm)
- Infrastructure for sustainable international development (12 October, 3pm)
- Net zero energy and transport systems (21 October, 2pm)
- Creating resilient infrastructure networks (28 October, 3pm)
- Resilient water supplies in a changing climate (4 November, 3pm)
- Digital infrastructure strategies: from copper to fibre and 4G to 5G (9 November, 4pm)
BOOK A FUTURE WEBINAR:
- A technical introduction to NISMOD on DAFNI (21 January, booking details coming soon)
- Thank you if you joined us live or have watched the recordings!